Twin Towers BUILD LOG - Page 8 - AudioJunkies
Welcome to the AudioJunkies.
AudioJunkies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #71

Default Re: Twin Towers BUILD LOG

Alright everyone, so I've had some time to tweak everything and watch a few movies. Words can't describe, so I'll let "glass tap" tell it all in the vid. I'll give it a quick jab tho... these two towers are amazing. The sound is HUGE. I don't mean huge as in great big and powerful, forceful. I mean they just sound enormous even at low volume. Be it infrasonics that are so low and soft and fluffy in the single digits, or the depth in voices way up high in the 60-80Hz range. Be it roads cracking up and rumbling and robots emerging from the ground, or combined with the hardest/tightest punch and kick from "warp speed ahead". These things are nothing short of amazing.

Earlier today when my boys were over we watched some of Nemo. My electric simply can not keep up..I must get this fixed ASAP. I found I had to keep turing the receiver itself down as well as the sub level, because the receiver kept protecting itself. Somehow though, Glass Tap. There really arent words. IDK how my house doesn't fall apart, and I didn't notice as I was recording...but watching the play back... I can't even hold the camera still.

I watched transformers tonight and at first I was making note to go back and record here and there...till I decided forget it. I'm just going to enjoy it. I am more than pleased.. thank you Fi, thank you Scott, thank you everyone on the forums over the years. I've gotten myself quite the self-education from you people.

As far as bracing goes: I'll say it again, I was wrong, there is an issue from about 25-40Hz at high volume with music. Most of the time I can not turn my music loud enough where this is a problem, or I'd have cops here and an electrical fire. For movies, it is a non issue. So much so, that I have 15 8' 2x4's under my bed waiting..theyve been there since I completed the two tower build...and they're gonna stay there because it's not a problem enough to stop the VAN build for it.

I know I have had bandwidth issues since all of a sudden both threads became big hits for a little while..so I'll repost the finished pics.

So here we go:

Transformers. 1 hour 54 minutes, "Everyone alright?" Bumble bee pulls himself out. I have so much headroom here, this is at low volume to keep cops from coming, and because I simply don't need it any louder than this. If your system recreates this part when you watch the movie, you can dig deep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5RJXAjjACc

And this is just retarded. I don't know anyone who would want any more than this. I'm a tru bass head, and it's over the top for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5CPq4_XUaU

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #72

Add me on Face Book

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p....2069900578..1

Jordan Powell
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:04 AM   #73

gotta post this one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengoshi2000 View Post
I must echo what bossobass said... this is definitely one of the most (if not the most) entertaining builds here. Your spousal approval/involvement in this build is a fantasy for most (and second to none)!

I wonder how the "Towers" would sound belting out "Slam" by Pendulum?" Might get you a guest appearance on next week's COPS!

Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #74

Does the Denon AVR-2310CI have a HP filter on the subwoofer, a subsonic filter? I am getting more comfortable with the Two Towers now and starting to turn the subwoofer level up more and more on the receiver and watching close for excursion.
Since switching to the receiver/EP4000's from the HT in a box driving the subs, single digit output from movies is GONE. Until now I have been thinking it was the EP4000's, but today I am watching the amp signal lights and where I had single digit output before that is gone now, the lights aren't showing signal either. Same Blu-Ray player, but I think the receiver is filtering 10Hz down!
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #75

I got Avatar last night, it's now my favorite movie. I can't believe all of the color, all of the detail. My new TV has never looked so good before! DTS HD... gotta love it. The rear channels were mixed so well, I had to look once..I got faked out thinking something, someone was behind me...because it's never sounded that real before. The LFE? Well the jet rocket craft gives the entire house a treat, the robots with every step and jump. But the wings. Every single flap of the wing moves so much air, you actually have wind from the dual 12" ports and dual 18's. The whole house becomes one with everything in it.

At the end, it played this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAh0qEz1FSw

Astonishing.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #77

here is a track that DB-Audio from http://carstereoforum.net/showthread.... made for me. AKA crazedevilx

I had to keep it down for the neighbors, it's 4:10AM here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zbf12winXs
Old 05-11-2010, 09:07 AM   #78

used a utility knife, was easy as pie!

Old 05-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #79

Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #80
jvc

That's quite a job you took on! Looks like you handled it just fine too. It looks like you have some serious bass in there also. You'll probably be very happy with the Denon receiver. They make good gear. The worst thing about a Denon is their remote. You might want to consider a Harmony remote. It will make life much easier, when it comes to the home theater. It's very wife and kid friendly too.

Now, about your concern with the blu ray player not remembering where you stopped in the movie. It's not the player. It's the movie. Some (very few) movies allow for it, but most don't. I think it has something to do with how much Java content is on the disc. Some people use the bookmark feature to save their place, but it's a little more trouble to deal with though.

You also asked about using HDMI or optical from BD player to receiver. Definitely use HDMI. Dolby TrueHD and dtsHD Master Audio isn't possible over an optical connection. You'll need to go into the player's setup menus and choose "Bitstream" for audio output.

If a picture paints a 1000 words, you have a couple of million words in this thread! Keep up the good work........ A lot of interesting stuff going on there.

Just a quick suggestion, in case you didn't know already. A scene to get some excellent bass, is in the movie "Finding Nemo". It's the scene where Darla is tapping on the glass of the fish tank. Each tap will rattle the whole house! It's not on blu ray yet. I'm hoping it will be soon. That's one movie I'll have to double dip on.

I'm no expert, but if you have any more questions or concerns, I'll be glad to help with what I can. I've been into home theater for about fifteen years, so in that time I have learned a little on the subject.
Good luck, and enjoy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the AudioJunkies forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in