Default Style Register
AudioJunkies
Up
Home Video>3D fad or here to stay?
scratch 07:05 PM 12-18-2010
At the moment 3D tv's are quite expensive, not to mention the uncomfortable glasses which are equally pricey and kind of annoying for people who already have glasses, what do you think? Are they here to stay or not?
doremi 08:27 PM 12-19-2010
I don't know, but in my opinion it will probably stick around. The technology is still in it's infancy well at least for the home entertainment market, but in time prices will go down and sales up.
amplitude 04:57 PM 02-03-2011
The third dimension has always been the next big steep for the entertainment industry. I doubt that a medium that was created so that people can take a trip into another world is going to let, the technology that makes this even more possible than ever, go away.
neutron 09:08 PM 02-03-2011
In my opinion it's not a question of it's a fad or not, the main dilemma is when will it be practical enough to replace regular 2D broadcasting.
amplitude 08:17 PM 02-04-2011
Originally Posted by neutron:
In my opinion it's not a question of it's a fad or not, the main dilemma is when will it be practical enough to replace regular 2D broadcasting.
My point exactly, if I'm not mistaken 3D has been around since the late 50's, so if it was going to fade away it would have done so by now.
sonic 07:17 PM 02-05-2011
3D wasn't that important up until now since the picture quality left room to be improved upon, but we are slowly reaching a limit after which the naked eye can't tell the difference, so new fields open up like 3D.
neutron 07:09 PM 02-06-2011
Originally Posted by sonic:
3D wasn't that important up until now since the picture quality left room to be improved upon, but we are slowly reaching a limit after which the naked eye can't tell the difference, so new fields open up like 3D.
I'm honestly curios when will life like virtual reality will be a possibility. That is the unmistakable destination of technologies like 3D and surround sound.
LinkBack
LinkBack URL LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks About LinkBacks
Bookmark & Share
Digg this Thread! Digg this Thread!
Add Thread to del.icio.us Add Thread to del.icio.us
Bookmark in Technorati Bookmark in Technorati
Tweet this Thread! Tweet this Thread!