Best projector for under 500 dollars. - AudioJunkies
Default Style Register
Home Video>Best projector for under 500 dollars.
brownnote 09:44 PM 09-19-2010
I was thinking about ViewSonic PJD5112 SVGA DLP Projector. It has a decent contrast ratio at 2800:1 and is pretty bright projecting 2,600 lumens to top it all of it's 3D ready. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Kewpie 09:37 AM 09-20-2010
Are you stuck on a DLP? I ask because the Hitachi CP-RX80 LCD projector has similar specs and scores better in the brightness variance stakes, plus it's Mac and PC friendly. It is a little heavier though.
brownnote 05:53 PM 09-22-2010
Nop Kewpie I'm more interested in the performance/per dollar ratio. I will check it out, thanks. Weight is not that big of deal, I don't plan on holding it on my shoulder .
AlexzJohnson 11:18 PM 09-22-2010
I personally don't think weight matters that much, unless you plan on moving it around a lot. I think most people leave it in one place for good. I want to get one too. I love going to my friend's house and watching movies on it. It's a very nice piece of technology!
Hobbyist 03:20 AM 09-23-2010
Weight probably matters the most when you are ordering, but the increased postage costs are probably insignificant in the long run. I am glad to see some of the more 'old fashioned' technology being revived. Projectors are so versatile, well worth the money in my opinion.
Giantslayer 12:22 PM 09-26-2010
Does it take a lot of extra cables and whatever to hook a projector up to a DVD player? They seem pretty popular here so I am wondering what the advantages are over a regular TV. I can imagine size is a factor as you can use a larger screen than you have TV, but what else?
LinkBack URL LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks About LinkBacks
Bookmark & Share
Digg this Thread! Digg this Thread!
Add Thread to Add Thread to
Bookmark in Technorati Bookmark in Technorati
Tweet this Thread! Tweet this Thread!